Saturday 4 January 2014

What's on your door?



I use my bedroom door as a sort of mood board where I stick images I've collected over the years. I never take anything off it - if i haven't got anymore room on my door I usually just slot in the postcard/ business card/ photo like so: 





So I've got a postcard from the V&A when they were doing a costume exhibit , a flyer for a 90s RnB club night at Babylove Oxford  with Beyonce and Blue on the front, a flyer from a play boasting a great big pug,  Chinese characters on a post card from Hong Kong, a ticket from Rihanna's Loud Tour and a drawing of a Norwich  street grid. 


This is what's in the left hand corner: 






A page from a Topshop Mag from 3 years ago - it's not the same one but check this out . ( I think both the model and the styling create a perfectly compsed image), a club night flyer with Craig David wearing a Santa's hat, an address tag from my friend's suitcase( which I stole so I could surprise him with a present delivered to his house), and a photograph of a kitchen sink which I think is beautifully bleak. 


This is what's on the other side of the door:







A golden hat from this year's Christmas Cracker, another beautifully styled page, ripped out of the same Topshop shoot, an Einstein birthday card and a post-it note! My door is probably my favourite part of my room (aesthetically speaking ) because it holds so many colourful memories of fun//creative/thoughtful things I've been into. Thing usually make it onto to door if either 1) it's beautiful to me or 2) captures an important memory <3 



What's on your door? 

Lots of Love, G x




No comments:

Post a Comment